Cheque Presentation

Cheque Presentation
Presenting the Cheque to Catherine Sheard and Sarah Canniford at Great Ormond Street Hospital

Friday 31 May 2013

What's your top 5 items for a cycling tour

The day is almost here and I'm busy packing !  The sun has decided to shine today, which makes everything look different, but we still need to be mindful of the changeable weather and the difficulties that can bring to road cycling.

The great thing about packing for this trip is that we are being supported by Steve and the van.  It means we have a little flexibility over space, rather than having to carry everything ourselves, however, it is not limitless ! Speaking of the van, we have received a humbling amount of support from the local community and our van has been donated for the whole trip by M&G Motors of Carshalton (020 8647 5478) - many thanks for your support.

Here's my top 5 list that I couldn't do without on this trip

Foz's top 5 list of must have items

1. My bike - I guess this had to be top of the list - my trusty steed, my Cannondale Synapse SL - what else is going to get me there !

2. Assos shorts - if I am travelling 1600 miles on a bike, my experience from 2010 LEJOG is that I need to keep my bum comfy.

3. Assos cream - enough said about this but I will refer you back to 2

4. Riemann sunscreen - my original reason for this was to keep me from roasting - but the weather looks more like I need an umbrella !  I am still hopeful that the weather will change for the better, for the impact on the cycling conditions really - but with sun comes sunburn, especially when some of the altitudes are so high.  Of course we wouldn't notice the heat due to the speed we are going ;-}

5. Lastly, but certainly not least, in fact I think the most important one - Steve, Pete and Matt without whom this would never have got off the ground and who are all diamond geezers !!

What would be your top 5 list of items ?

Please help us support Great Ormond Street

No comments:

Post a Comment