Cheque Presentation

Cheque Presentation
Presenting the Cheque to Catherine Sheard and Sarah Canniford at Great Ormond Street Hospital

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Last minute service for Matt

It’s the last few days before we set off for Gibraltar.  We need to make sure we have everything we need – when we leave we only have Steve to look after us ;-}

The most important part of our kit of course is the bike – or is that the map – or even the Vaseline ! No, it is the bike, we wouldn’t be going anywhere without that.  Going, yes going is important but stopping can sometimes be more important – especially when freewheeling down a mountain side. 

I decided that this weekend, I absolutely needed to change my brake cable.  Well, I say ‘I’ – what I really mean is I really need to get Foz to change my brake cable– risky I know, but I think I made his tea right and was polite to him (first for everything !).



Not very happy with my gears so also made some last minute adjustments there – an ascent of 4 times Everest is going to need some serious gear work, they need to be in top condition.

The last vital thing to change for my weekends ‘service’ is the handle bar tape – doesn’t sound very important does it but boy what a difference that can make.  On a bike for 21 days, 1600 miles can make your hands very sore and even quite bruised.  It is definitely worth spending the time beforehand making sure you have as much padding on the handlebars as possible – although the rest of the team just say I’m a big girl.

What’s your last minute ‘service’ before a cycling tour ?

Please join our support of Great Ormond Street.



No comments:

Post a Comment